Ever wish you could have a two-way radio that could pair with your favorite headphones, earbuds or helmet intercom system for true wireless communication system? Now you can with the Renegade X radio. The Renegade X has a built-in Bluetooth chip that will allow you to pair with your favorite listening device while still transmitting in two-way radio frequencies.
Why would you want to pair a helmet intercom with a two-way radio instead of talking intercom to intercom? Because Bluetooth radio waves have a very short range and have connectivity issues as you get further away or out of line-of-site. Two-way radio waves travel much further and will never get disconnected from each other. By pairing your helmet intercom with the Renegade X, you get the best of both worlds, the convenience of a helmet intercom with the range of a two-way radio.
The Renegade X comes with our patent pending mounting system to securely attach the radio to any backpack shoulder strap.
The Renegade X and Renegade 2.0 were specifically designed from the ground up to withstand the harshest environments. By taking feedback on the original Renegade radio from snowmobile industry athletes and professionals such as Dan Adams, Matt Entz, the Boondockers, and many more, we created the X and 2.0 radio platforms. Thought was put into every element of the radio, from the button layout, the increased waterproofing and moisture proofing, user interface, and more, to make this the ultimate backcountry radio.
The entire inside face of the radio mic and speaker is sealed with a waterproof membrane to ensure the mic and speaker never freeze over. The PTT button is completely sealed so no moisture even on the coldest, deepest, wettest powder days will ever prevent the PTT button from functioning properly. Here at Oxbow, we take backcountry communication seriously, and we have created a serious radio to provide reliable communication no matter the conditions. We know that when you are in the backcountry, reliable communication can literally be the difference between life and death.
The license free Renegade X radio has 22 channels with 121 sub-channels. The removable lithium ion battery and power saver technology provides for 36+ hours of use. Transmitting at the U.S. legal limit of 2 watts, the radio has line-of-site range of 25 miles and a backcountry range of 1-5 miles. The radio also has a VOX (voice activation) function as well as a “future” remote PTT button pairing mode (stay tuned).
NOTE: NEVER TURN ON THE BLUETOOTH MODE WHILE VENTURING INTO BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE TERRAIN. BLUETOOTH RADIO WAVES CAN INTERFIER WITH AVALANCHE BEACONS AND MAY PREVENT YOUR BEACON FROM WORKING PROPERLY. THE BLUETOOTH FUNCTION CAN BE TURNED OFF/ON BY THE PUSH OF A BUTTON.
Backed by a 2 year warranty, we stand by our products.
- Built-in Bluetooth – Pair this radio with your favorite helmet intercom, headset, or earbuds for wireless communication.
- Universal Shoulder Strap Mount – the adjustable Universal Shoulder Strap Mount is designed to securely fit any backpack shoulder strap, making it easy to operate and use the radio while on the go.
- Built for the Elements – The Renegade X radio was built to withstand the harshest rain and snow conditions while still providing you with an open line of communication.
- Channels – Operating in the FRS frequency range with 22 channels & 121 sub-channels (aka privacy codes). This radio will work the other industry snowmobile radios.
- Extended Range – While using the legal U.S. license free limit of 2 watts, the radio will provide up to 25 miles of range. Typical backcountry range with trees and hills is 1-5 miles.
- Versatility – With built-in Bluetooth, headphone ports, and secure shoulder strap mount, this radio is perfect for snowmobiling, dirt biking, hunting, and more.
1 x Radio
1 x Li-ion Battery
1 x AC Adapter
1 x USB-C Charging Cable
1 x Desktop Charger
1 x Shoulder Strap Mount
1 x Tether
|Channels||22 + 121 Sub-Channels|
|Waterproofing||IP56 (Rain & Snowproof)|
|Batter Life||36+ Hours|
|Backcountry Range||Mountain: 1-5 miles|
|Line-of-site Range||25 miles|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.